Making a lightweight 8 foot boom for camera or flash.
- 8 Ft. 1.000 OD x 0.870 ID 6061 Aluminum Tube (McMaster 1658T55)
- Foam Grip for 1" (McMaster 9754K14)
- Black Cane And Crutch Tip, 1" (McMaster 2405T33)
- 0.750 Set screw, either 1/4-20 or 3/8-16
- Threadlocking compound. Red.
The thread of the boom can be either 1/4-20 or 3/8-16.
For very lightweight applications 1/4-20 will be fine. For most applications for use with camera or action, 3/8-16 thread will be required to mount the larger heads.