PVD Mary's Trail Bike
Mary gave me a PowerTap SL hub for my fit bike. I promised her a nice hardtail trail frame in return. The fit was made from the calfee/mikkleson fit cycle that I just got.
Mary still rides quite light (beginner) on her bike. I'm going to lower the chassis slightly and keep the tubes very thin.
- Down Tube - 1.375 - True Temper HOXPLAT09, 691, 7/4/7, 89/51/423/38/90
- Top Tube - 1.125 - Dedacciai SAT14.5 OS TT (DED_SXTT_747), 600mm, 7/4/7
- Seat Tube - NOVA External Butt Seat Tube (CMST_460), 28.6/30.0 X 460
- Chain Stay, Drive - Dedacciai COM12.5 MTB 24mm Chainstay (PN# Check), 410mm, 16/30 OVAL, 12 Degree bend, Modified PVD bend.
- Chain Stay, Non-drive - Dedacciai COM12.5 Road 24mm Chainstay (CXCS_OVST_410), 410mm, 16/30 OVAL, Straight, 
- Seat Stays - Dedacciai AMSS_16ST .7, 16mm to 10.5mm, 560mm, 0.7mm wall
- Bottom Bracket - PVD Hollowtech II Shell, MTB, 92mm wide x 1.75" Ø
- Dropouts - PVD Designed IF Dropouts
- Braze-ons - Pacenti Hydro
- DM Front Derailure Boss - PVD Machined
- Headtube - PVD Design, 144mm
Revised PVD Chainstay Bends
This is hopefully the final draft of my chainstay bends for Hollowtech II shells. I will have clearance for 2.35" tires and hopefully 2.5" tires. This will require an additional strut support on the chainring side. Back in the Fat City days, We used a double bend at the BB to get maximum clearance with suitable support for the stay. I'm not really set up for that and I figure that the strut is going to really stiffen things up.
The stays continue to the second bend parallel to each other.
She want's something that sparkles like glitter. I'm going to have her call Sycip or Spectrum for this.
- RS Revalation 140mm Fork
- Shimano XT cranks & deraillures
- 24 tooth granny gear replacing 22 tooth for perfect shifting patterns
- Shimano Deore XT Brakes, pedals, cassette (11-32), and shiters
- Shimano Dura-ace 10spd chain
- 10 Degree x 70mm stem
- Cane Creek IS headset
- Kalloy Guzzio 0mm offset seatpost
- WTB Rocket V saddle
- Kenda Nevegal 2.1 UST tires
- Shimano XT Hubs on Mavic 819 rims, DT 1.8/1.6/1.8 spokes, Alloy nipples, 32 hole 3 cross
- Shimano XT Rotors. 180mm front, 140mm rear
- Truvativ Stylo, 700mm x 10 deg. Straight handlebar, Cut to 26"
- ODI Lock-on grips, Rouge
- Salsa 30mm seat post binder