Cannondale Headshok Information
The end is press-fit/glued into the fork. 1-9/32" shaft diameter.
- 118455, Tele Assy, 80mm, Alum, LC, Honed- $70
- KF263/, Kit, Damper, Green DLR80, Soft- $100 ($200 Retail)
- KF264/, Kit, Damper, Blue DLR80, Standard- $100 ($200 Retail)
- KF265/, Kit, Damper, Red DLR80, Firm- $100 ($200 Retail)
- HD191/BLK, Kit, Fork Boot, Slim 5 Ridge ($9.99 Retail)
- HD???/BLK, Kit, Fork Boot, Slim 2 Ridge ($9.99 Retail)
- 118738L negative spring (soft,green)
- 118739L negative spring (standard,blue)
- 118740L negative spring (firm,red)
Headsets and stems
A Cannondale headset and stem must be used with this fron end. The "steerer" diameter is 1.5625" not 1.500".
Headshok Cartridge (Castle) Tool - HDTL146/
Headshok ½” Shaft Clamp Tool - HDTL187/
Upper Bearing Driver - HDTL149/
Pin tool - HD136/
Loctite 262 - for plastic air piston threads Loctite 242 - for damper assembly threads
Recomended Air Pressure
Grease and Oil
- Factory Roller Bearing Grease is Royal Purple Ultra Performance Grease NLGI #2 (ISO 46 BASE)
- Factory Damper oil - Golden Spectro 85-150 Shock Oil
- Headshock ID is 2.00"
- Onepointfive ID is 2.20"
Kirk Pacenti sell special headshok head tubes.
Getting parts from an existing fork
Bob Brown describes the process on one of the older steel stantion forks.
This cartridge is considered an upgrade over stock Cannondale parts: 2008 Magura Cartridge
Other Similar Systems
A very old fashioned system with limited adjustablitity: Pro Shock
A very crude recreational grade systme.