PVD Monster Cross
More of a design excersise and just a fun project rather than a performance machine. A fire road commuter? An urban drunk bike? A long haul adventure bike? Who knows?
Adjustable BB Height
A Phil Wood 1/2 link eccentric BB will provide bottom bracket heights within a 6mm range. A subtle tuning feature that could really help the bike. At the very least it will give the bike a single speed option.
80mm Cannondale Headshok DLR. A nice little unit with rebound and lockout adjustment.
Geometry Change with Fork Travel
- @ 60mm Ride Height - 71 HA, 285.8mm BBH
- @ 80mm Ride Height - 70 HA, 292.5mm BBH
- @ 0mm Ride Height - 74 HA, 262.2mm BBH
This is uncharted territory. I have to start with something. This seems as close as anything.
- Down Tube - Nova 29er DT, 35mm x 8/5/8, 720mm, $16.20
- Seat Tube - NOVA EXTERNAL BUTT SEAT TUBE 28.6 X 460 $13.80
- Top Tube, Option 1 - NOVA CROMO 25.4 X 9/6/9 x 600mm, $9.90
- Top Tube, Option 2 - NOVA CROMO 28.6 X 8/5/8 x 650mm, $13.50
- Chain Stays - DEDACCIAI CRMO ROAD 24mm CHAINSTAY, 16/30 OVAL, $31.84
- Seat Stays - DEDACCIAI 12.5 16mm X 0.6 SINGLE TAPER 560 $24.50
- IF/PVD Disk Dropouts
- Phil Wood "1/2 link" Eccentric BB Shell, 68mm wide x 2" Dia.
- Pacenti SS StampedHydo Stops:Bikelugs.com
- Pacenti Headshok Head tube
- 27.2 Seat post
- Front Wheel: Deore XT 775 Centerlock hub on a Alex DA28 rim. 32 hole, 3 cross.
- Rear Wheel: Deore XT 775 Centerlock hub on a Alex DA28 rim. 32 hole, 3 cross. 135mm spacing.
- Tires: Panaracer FireCross 700x45c (622+2x45mm OD, 85psi reccomended fill)
- Crank: FSA Vero Compact JIS Sq 175 34/50 Crankset Black, Suggested Chainline: 43.5mm, Q Factor: 147mm
- Bottom Bracket: UN-52 113mm
- Chainring Option: FSA Pro Rd 9/10 48t & 46t 110mm Black chainring
- Cassette: Ultegra 11-27 10 speed
- Brakes: Deore XT Hydraulic Disc. 6" Front and 5" Rear Rotors.
- Handlebar: Flat, MTB
- Shifters: Shimano SL-R770 10-spd Flat Bar Shifters