PVD Road Bike
A new road bike for me. My first new road bike in about 12 years. I wanted the bike to be modern, perform, and look fantastic. It looks fast standing still!
Sadly, two dramatic events went into the slow and painful course of this build. Firstly, I broke the first rev on the alignment table. Second, and more importantly, my wife decided to divorce me during this time. It was hard to focus on much and added a bunch of time to the build. Gladly, we are both still friends.
- Down Tube - HOXPLAT07, 31.8mm, 620mm, 7/4/7
- Top Tube - HOXPLAT02, 25.4mm, 580mm, 7/4/7
- Seat Tube - NOVA External Butt Seat Tube, 28.6/30.0 X 520 $15.25
- Chain Stay, Drive - Dedacciai CRMO Road 24mm Chainstay, 16/30 OVAL, Straight, $15.92ea, Bent 7.5 Degrees.
- Chain Stay, Non-drive - Dedacciai CRMO Road 24mm Chainstay, 16/30 OVAL, Straight, $15.92ea, Bent 7.5 Degrees.
- Seat Stay - TT1-SSX1C, 16mm to 11.25mm ST, 600mm, 0.6mm wall
- Bottom Bracket - PVD Hollowtech II Shell, Road, 86.5mm wide x 1.75" Ø
- Dropouts - 58 deg. Paragon Road
- Braze-ons - Paragon
Broke the frame on the alignment table. This was due to drilling the waterbottle holes before aligning. I would not have done this, but I was killing some time while dealing with a different issue.
2nd, Revised Build
- Down Tube - Dedacciai DED-AMDT-969, 31.8mm, 650mm, 9/6/9, $16.85
- Top Tube - Nova NOV-CRTT-858, 25.4mm, 600mm, 8/5/8, $10.70
- Seat Stay - TT1-SSX1C, 16mm to 10.5mm, 560mm, 0.7mm wall, $15.25
- Chain Stay, Drive - Dedacciai CRMO Road 24mm Chainstay, 16/30 OVAL, Straight, $15.92ea, Bent 7.0 Degrees.
- Chain Stay, Non-drive - Dedacciai CRMO Road 24mm Chainstay, 16/30 OVAL, Straight, $15.92ea, Bent 7.0 Degrees.
The new 3 peice head tube design.
- Easton EC90 SLX Integrated Curved fork.
- 365±1mm AC
- 43mm Offset
- 300mm Steerer
- Tech Bulletin
- Installation Instructions
- Tradtional Road, under bottom bracket
- Shimano Dura-Ace Derailleur Cable Set, 1.2mm Cable & 4mm Housing
- Shimano Dura-Ace Brake Cable Set, 1.6mm Cable & 5mm Housing
- Shimano Mega 9 Barrel Adjuster Boot on Rear Derailure
- Shimano SP-18-T BB Cable Guide
- Shimano Sealed End Cap W/Tube and Shield, 4mm
Seatpost, Handlebar and Stem
- Seatpost - Kalloy Guizzo SPC-100, 27.2mm (Option - Easton EC90 Zero Offset)
- Saddle - WTB Lazer V
- Handlebar - FSA K-Wing Ergo, 31.8mm, 42cm x 145 drop x 90 reach
- Bar Tape - Fi'zi:k Microtex Synthetic, Black
- Stem Options - Salsa MOTO ACE™ S.U.L.™ STEM, 31.8mm, 115°, 100mm Length
- Headset - Cane Creek 110 IS, Black.
- Pedals - Shimano PD-A520
- Post Clamp - Salsa Lip-Lock, 30.0
- Dura-Ace 10 speed all over.
- Front Wheel - 28 hole Dura-ace, 2 cross
- Rear Wheel - 28 hole Dura-ace, 2 cross ND, 3 cross D
Cheap powder coat. RAL #3004, Purple Red.
18.6 lbs. with 2 water bottle cages.
I was fit on the bike at Whole Athlete ($220) in San Anselmo, CA. Dario seemed to do a great job. I'll spend a few weeks on the fit to decide.
Designed to use a zero offset post and a 90mm, 10 degree Thomson stem. Very long steerer.
Above, you can see some flux that was missed. That's what you get when you bargain shop paint.