PVD WarBird SS
The PVD WarBird. A singlespeed designed to attack and kill. A weapon. The mix between a dagger and a tank.
This is a highly custom singlespeed bike built for me. The goal was to try a slightly different fit geometry that would place slightly more weight on my front wheel than I usually do on my trail bikes.I also built this bike around a 100mm travel fork rather than the usual 140mm. The bike is also built to ride quite low for racing.
Named after the Romulan Warbird
- Down Tube - NOV_CODT_35_858 Nova 29er DT 35 x 8/5/8 x 750
- Top Tube - NOV_CRDT_858_650 NOVA CRMO 28.6 X 8/5/8 DT/TT
- Seat Tube - Nova CMST 460, External Butt Seat Tube, 28.6/30.0 X 460
- Seat Stay - DED_AMSS_16ST_.7CRMO 16mm X 0.7 SINGLE TAPER 560
- Chain Stays - NOV_CXCS_OVST_9/6NOVA ROAD OVERSIZE CHAINSTAYS 24mm OVAL .9/.6 WALL
- Bottom Bracket - PVD Hollowtech II Shell, asym MTB, 92mm wide x 1.75" Ø
- Head Tube - PVD Designed IS System
- Dropouts - Paragon Light Slider
- Braze-ons - Pacenti Hydro
- ISCG Mount - PVD Designed
PVD segmented integrated fork.
During most riding a RS Revelation 100mm fork will be used.
PVD Custom integrated stem.
This bike was designed with clearance so that a TruVativ HammerSchmidt crank can be used. One issue is that that system to date uses a threaded bb. Since this bike is press fit, I will have to fabricate my own bb system to mount the crank.
Tire clearance is maximized to allow the use of 2.5" tires if need be.
- Shimano FC-M815-1 Saint Cranks, 175mm
- Shimano M810 Saint Brakeset
- Shimano XT 180mm Front Rotor
- Hope 140mm Rear Rotor.
- Shimano HB-M975 XTR, 9mm QR Front Hub, 32 hole
- Hadley Single Speed Rear Hub, 10mm TA, 32 hole
- Mavic XM819 UST Rims
- FSA Press fit BB
- Chris King 19 Tooth Cog
- Race Face DH Ring, 34 Tooth
- Race Face Light Bash Ring
- Cane Creek Head Bearings
- Kenda Nevegal 2.1" UST Tires
- Truvativ Stylo World Cup Single Speed Bar (680mm, 31.8mm)
- ODI Rouge Grips
- WTB Silverado Saddle
- Easton EA90 Zero Offset Seatpost
- Salsa Seatpost Binder
- Shimano Deore XT SPD Pedals
- Shimano Ultegra CN-6700 10spd Chain
- Complete Bike w/ Rigid Fork - 22 lbs 2 oz.
- Complete Bike w/ Shock Fork & Saddle bag - 24 lbs 15 oz.
I want to try a 2x2 setup. This is a single speed setup that allows a gear change by moving the chain to an alternate gearing latterally.
An offroad gear of 34/19 (148.5") with 94 chain links has two options for road/traverse gear are 36/17 (175.7", shortest ctc) and 38/14 (225.3", longest ctc).
Studio Photo Credits: Nick Fain Outdoor Photos: PVD